MISSION & SOCIAL ACTION
At CUCC, we eat, sleep, and breathe mission and social justice! Every year we initiate and participate in a wide variety of socially active projects both within our church and in partnership with the wider community. Below are just a few of the varied organizations we support with our mission budget, through our annual Alternative Christmas fair, or through hands-on service and donation collection.
OUR MISSION PARTNERS
CUCC SUSTAINABILITY COMMITTEE
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED:
- Make an annual pledge to our church budget to support ALL of these organizations.
- Get involved! Sign up to become a CHAP advocate, a CLASP tutor, or join our Adelanto Accompaniment Team!
- Participate in our annual Alternative Christmas Fair to make donations to specific organizations.
- Join in on various service projects throughout the year, such as the Inland Valley Hope Partners Walk for the Hungry, our food pantry collections, our Amnesty International letter writing campaigns, and March Mission Madness.
- Attend the Adult Education Forums to learn more about these organizations
- Help the Sustainability Committee with various projects to protect our planet and make our church green.
Have more questions? Stop by the Faith in Action Table after 10 am Sunday worship to chat with a member of the Board of Mission and Social Action.
Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I believe in your commandments. —Psalm 119:66
Claremont United Church of Christ has a longstanding commitment to providing learning opportunities for adults to grow in knowledge and faith together. Our 9:00 am Sunday classes range from Bible studies and theology lessons to guest lectures and presentations from local charities and non-profits. We also offer Monday night book groups and periodic spiritual development classes. Check the calendar for adult education events coming up soon!
There are times when we all need to experience the healing compassion of Christ. Our Care Team provides comfort and support by calling, delivering flowers, and visiting those in our congregation who are ill, going through a difficult time, or unable to attend regular worship. If you or someone you know would like a visit from our Care Team, please call the church.
We believe in the power of prayer, both to evoke God’s presence and to open our hearts and minds to the Holy Spirit. Our Prayer Team meets every Sunday after the 10:00 am worship service to pray for the needs of our community and world. We also carefully maintain a prayer list in our weekly worship bulletin so that everyone can join in the act of praying for one another. If you are in the midst of a challenging season, need someone to listen, or want to have someone pray for you and with you, please let us know.
Receive one-on-one, confidential care from a church member who is trained in listening, caring, praying, and supporting. Stephen Ministers are ready to walk alongside you through any of life’s challenges: grief, job loss, loneliness, illness, family difficulties, and much more. Reach out and connect anytime! For your comfort, we have a confidential email address used for contacting the Stephen Ministers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected with our Stephen Ministry program.